miércoles, 26 de septiembre de 2007

"Los Fusilamientos del 3 de Mayo en Madrid" (2 Blog assignment)



This painting is by Francisco de Goya in 1814, and is called "Los Fusilamientos del 3 de Mayo en Madrid". I like this painting, because I find it very dramatic and realistic.

This painting has a complete historical context. It shows the death penalties imposed by the French Army when they claimed Madrid in 1808. The people who are killed are the civilians that want to protect the independence and the King of Spain from the French invasion promoted by Napoleon.

On the left side we can see an order of groups from right to left.

-The first group: Are the people who are waiting for they death. You can see easily the desperation of that people.

- Second group: are the people who are being shot.

-Third group: are the death people.

The first time I saw the painting was about 8 or 10 years ago, and I liked it immediately, because I’m a big fan of history especially the Napoleon’s life.

That’s all I have to tell you about my favourite piece of art.

Bye.

No hay comentarios.: